Welcome ladies and gentlemen to a late and very much so kind of procrastinated 3.0 & final mock draft of the 2021 by yours truly. Today has been a fun filled day in the Meyers’ household with going out & about but shortly after as we got home it was time to get to work on the public twitter polled guessing game. I’m a man of my word & a man of the fans. We’re all glad you came to us for you Draft Coverage this 2020-21 season/cycle with a huge public THANK YOU to all of you readers. If it weren’t for you all readers we wouldn’t be as strong as we are. This includes my colleague here at DR. Now let’s get to business.
This took little longer to pick due to looking up exact team needs such as Left Tackle, Slot Wide Receivers, & Outside Corners. Some picks took longer than others due to not being able to find much or going back & forth too much. You may think I’m drunk, very knowledgeable w/ valid points on everything, or shouldn’t be doing this. Either way, we’re here to have fun, gain more knowledge, and give you all the best we can give to enjoy.
Starting out as we all know is the Jacksonville Jags. I shouldn’t have to explain the pick but will do anyways.
- 1.) Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
- If you don’t see this coming, then you must be the potato in the group.
- 2.) New York Jets – Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
- This may shock some people because a lot of people are calling for QB’s Zack Wilson or Justin Fields, but listen GM Joe Douglas was a key person in the Ravens’ front office staff for many of years and is essentially turning the Jets into the Great Value version of the Ravens. Taking a stance on the defensive side is something that I can see the Jets do right off the bat. Patrick Surtain II can immediately change up the defense.
- 3.) San Francisco 49ers – Justin Fields, QB, The Ohio State
- SanFran has been on a rumored and so far clear search for a new QB. Even with the hint of Aaron Rodgers to possibly be traded there, Jimmy G under contract, Josh Rosen learning under JG, etc. It’s time for the 49er to find new blood & fire with a mobile & strong armed Justin Fields. Fields showed out in his last pro day, impressing so many teams including this one.
- 4.) Atlanta Falcons – Trey Lance, QB, NDSU
- Shout out to @HThompsonNFL for this one. Him and multiple other folks in the ATL fan base have convinced me for this pick. The Falcons need to think about moving to the future with the QB position. Matt Ryan is coming close to the end of his career in my opinion but could be wrong. Take Lance while you have the chance, let him learn the system & what to do/not to do, and more under a level headed possible future HoF QB then stick him in the starting role.
- 5.) Cincinnati Bengals – Rashawn Slater, Right Tackle, Northwestern
- Now most of you know I’m very high on a tackle on the other side of the ball aka Alex Leatherwood and Penei Sewell but looking at the Bengals’ depth chart, they already have their first round LT. Even though Sewell has been training to be a RT on top of Left there is keen positional value here. Even though the Bengals signed Riley Reiff recently who is prompted to start in the spot listen above, having Slater to rotate or battle for the start will be a great addition for Cincinnati & protection for Joe burrow.
- 6.) Miami Dolphins – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
- An Alabama reunion in South Beach. Chemistry & positional needs that Miami desperately had to have. Smith has and still is my WR1. The guy may not be the biggest built but he is a strong dude who is more than willing to go fight for the ball if he doesn’t immediately gets open. Dolphins have been on a cut then sign spree this off season. Adding this guy will only add to their impressive arsenal.
- 7.) Detroit Lions – Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
- Yes, back to back Crimson Tide receivers. By what I’ve read, the Lions need plenty of said position since the FA market took their folks especially in the slot. Waddle is arguably one of the best in the iWR spot and high up in the overall WR rankings as well. This is an absolute steal for Detroit.
- 8.) Carolina Panthers – Penei Sewell, Left Tackle, Oregon
- Now the best Left Tackle in the class has been taken. Carolina is in need of a strong OL, Sewell is your guy. Since they just got Darnold who is still a good capable QB, just need to get him protection & insurance policies. There’s not much to be said outside of look out for the rise of the Panthers.
- 9.) Denver Broncos – Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
- Well there’s a long list of needs for the Broncos on top of their never ending QB debacle. Restoring their defense is and should be their first priority. Gonna take a play out of The GridIron Lounge’s Coach’s play book and reiterate that ILB’s are kinda like the Running Backs of the league on the defensive side. Now to also defend the position, outside of the true FS, they are the middle of the field/box and defensive leaders. Parson’s is this year’s Devin White/Patrick Queen/Brian Urlacher. This guy will make a positive impact to this team.
- 10.) Dallas Cowboys – Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
- Now if Patrick Surtain II was available he’d definitely be picked up by Them Boyz. Ok, Ok bad puns I’ll take that but in real time Mr. Farley is easily a guy that the Cowboys can count on. Hard hitting, good reads/assignments, and so much more. Cowboys need another great CB and he’ll be it to reiterate the fact.
Now to help get this going because I’ve been off and on busy with personal stuff while typing this we’re gonna speed through the picks and I want y’all to comment below or on social media why said picks would fit the team/system.
- 11.) New York Giants – Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan
- 12.) Philadelphia Eagles – Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
- 13.) Los Angeles Chargers – Alex Leatherwood, LT, Alabama
- 14.) Minnesota Vikings – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC
- 15.) New England Patriots – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
- 16.) Arizona Cardinals – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
- 17.) Las Vegas Raiders – Christian Barmore, IDL, Alambama
- 18.) Miami Dolphins – Jaelen Philips, EDGE, Miami
- 19.) Washington Football Team – Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
- 20.) Chicago Bears – Christian Darrisaw, LT, Virginia Tech
- 21.) Indianapolis Colts – Dillion Randuz, LT, NDSU
- 22.) Tennessee Titans – Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
- 23.) New York Jets – Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
- 24.) Pittsburgh Steelers – Jalen Mayfield, LT, Michigan
- 25.) Jacksonville Jaguars – Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
- 26.) Cleveland Browns – Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia
- 27.) Baltimore Ravens – Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami
- 28.) New Orleans Saints – Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
- 29.) Green Bay Packers – Elijah Molden, CB, Washington
- 30.) Buffalo Bills – Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
- 31.) Baltimore Ravens – Teven Jenkins, RT, Oklahoma State
- 32.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
Wooooohoooo! There we have it everyone! Don’t forget to comment why these would fit the teams and systems. Also don’t forget to follow Draft Rite & the entire Draft Rite Team on social media. Hopefully I hit the 7:59:59 deadline to publish this. We’ll be back soon enough for grades and 2022 Coverage. Have a great night!